Isolation Room Preparedness for COVID-19 Patients According to the CDC and ASHRAE, hospital HVAC … Read More »
Airborne Infection Isolation Room (AIIR) Checklist
Utilize this checklist to help ensure your AIIRs are ready to receive patients with suspected or confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). For more details, refer to the ANSI/ASHRAE/ASHE Standard 170-2017 Ventilation of Health Care Facilities.
- Verify the room sensors are calibrated and working properly
- Verify room controllers and monitors are working and communicating with airflow valves
- Verify the room is operating at a negative pressure relative to surrounding areas
- Verify room pressure is being properly documented
- Verify correct air changes per hour are taking place per CDC/ASHRAE standards
- Verify temperature and humidity ranges are in place per CDC/ASHRAE standards
- Verify room air is being exhausted directly outside through a HEPA filter
- Verify doors are being kept closed except during healthcare personnel entry/exit
- Confirm patient rooms are visible on your BAS, for prompt notification of any issues
- Consider updating older VAV boxes to a fast-acting Venturi air valve or measured airflow valve
- Plan for an influx of patients and how to address isolation requirements in your facility
Triatek’s integrated laboratory solutions are part of the award winning, energy-efficient, and minimalist design that reduces electricity loads, maximizes the use of renewable energy, and capitalizes on passive energy technologies.